5D can provide support for our clients for the high throughput screening of antimicrobial formulations.
We specialise in the evaluation of antimicrobial surfaces for biostatic and biocidal activity.
Examples of Antimicrobial Testing that has been undertaken for our clients have included:
- Zone of Inhibition (ZOI)
- Log reduction assays
- Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing
- Minimum Inhibitory Concentration (MIC)
- Minimum Bactericidal Concentration (MBC)
- Minimum Biofilm Elimination Concentration (MBEC)
- Antimicrobial Synergy and Checkerboard Studies
- Challenge Studies
- Sustainability Studies
- Biofilm Forming Potential assay (BFP)
- Anti-biofilm ability
We have a large library of microorganisms including standard reference strains, environmental isolates and clinical isolates.
Due to our close links with hospitals and academia we can also access a vast array of different microorganisms which may be more appropriate for our clients.
For further information please contact the 5D R&D department.